MOVING (MOuntain Valorization through INterconnectedness and Green growth) is a Horizon 2020 project (2020-2024) coordinated by the University of Córdoba, gathering 23 partner organisations. The project will build capacities and co-develop policy frameworks across Europe. It will establish new or upscaled value chains to contribute to the resilience and sustainability of mountain areas to climate change.
The project will roll-out its research activities and actions engaging relevant stakeholders through Multi-Actor Platforms (MAPs) in 23 mountain regions from 16 countries. These regions represent the wide diversity of mountain areas in Europe and neighbouring countries.
The objectives of the project will be addressed by:
- Establishing a European-wide Community of Practice (CoP) on Mountain Value Chains, including actors from the Agricultural Knowledge and Innovation System (AKIS), value chain and policy-making stakeholders and society.
- Developing a conceptual and analytical framework that describes and interprets the diversity of Mountain Value Chains and assesses their contribution to the sustainability and resilience of mountain areas and their population.
- Providing visual tools to raise awareness of AKIS, value chain actors, civil society and policy-makers, about the diversity of land use and production systems of mountain areas, threats faced, bio-physical assets, their sustainability and resilience to climate change.
- Studying the configurations, strategies, dynamics, the value distribution of the value chains to assess their contribution to sustainability and resilience.
- Developing in-depth, participatory, critical benchmarking of clusters of Mountain Value Chains to identify enablers and blocking factors affecting the sustainability and resilience.
- Carrying out foresight exercises to capture and anticipate the long-term trends affecting mountain areas, co-constructing shared visions and strategies for a balanced mix of public and private goods.
- Elaborating an evidence-based policy roadmap and design to include performance-based recommendations for policy interventions that enhance the connectivity, sustainability and resilience of mountain regions.
For more information consult the project website: https://www.moving-h2020.eu/the-project
Role of AREPO
AREPO will contribute to this project by involving regional/local authorities and producer associations in the mountain areas of its member Regions, providing its expertise in policy evaluation and its experience in promoting and disseminating the project’s results.